- 1 What are the main exports of the UK?
- 2 Who is the UK’s biggest exporter?
- 3 What are the UK’s top imports?
- 4 What is UK famous for producing?
- 5 What is London’s biggest export?
- 6 What cars are made in UK?
- 7 What is the UK’s biggest food export?
- 8 What food does the UK produce?
- 9 How much does the UK rely on China?
- 10 Who is France’s biggest trading partner?
- 11 Do the UK sell arms?
- 12 Where does the UK make money?
- 13 Is England a country?
What are the main exports of the UK?
From Us to the World – the UK’s Top Five Exports
- Crude oil – £20.0bn.
- Pharmaceutical products – £26.3bn.
- Electrical machinery – £27.7bn.
- Cars – £32.7bn.
- Mechanical machinery – £48.5bn.
Who is the UK’s biggest exporter?
The United States was the leading country for exports from the United Kingdom, with 15.7 percent of all UK exports going to this market. Germany was the second largest export market for the UK in this year, followed by China, with these countries accounting for 9.9 percent and 6.9 percent of UK exports respectively.
What are the UK’s top imports?
- Gems, precious metals: US$108.4 billion (17.2% of total imports)
- Machinery including computers: $70.2 billion (11.1%)
- Vehicles: $58 billion (9.2%)
- Electrical machinery, equipment: $55.8 billion (8.8%)
- Mineral fuels including oil: $34 billion (5.4%)
- Pharmaceuticals: $25.9 billion (4.1%)
What is UK famous for producing?
England is a highly industrialised country. It is an important producer of textiles and chemical products. Although automobiles, locomotives, and aircraft are among England’s other important industrial products, a significant proportion of the country’s income comes from the City of London.
What is London’s biggest export?
Miscellaneous manufactured articles (including, for example, clothing, toys and games, works of art and antiques) was London’s largest goods export product by value at £11.9 billion in 2015. This was followed by Mineral fuels, lubricants & related materials, and Machinery & transport equipment, both at £5.5 billion.
What cars are made in UK?
The 8 best British-built cars in 2020
- Land Rover Discovery.
- Jaguar F-type Coupe.
- Honda Civic Hatchback.
- Vauxhall Astra Hatchback.
- Nissan Qashqai.
- Mini Hatchback (2014)
- Range Rover Estate.
- Toyota Corolla Saloon.
What is the UK’s biggest food export?
Here are the top food and drink products exported by the UK in 2020, as reported by the fdf.
- Whisky – £3.9 billion.
- Chocolate – £786.3 million.
- Cheese – £653.6 million.
- Pork – £629.7 million.
- Salmon – £617.1 million.
- Gin – £573.5 million.
- Wine – £534.9 million.
- Breakfast Cereals – £526.9 million.
What food does the UK produce?
Crops commonly grown in the United Kingdom include cereals, chiefly wheat, oats and barley; root vegetables, chiefly potatoes and sugar beet; pulse crops such as beans or peas; forage crops such as cabbages, vetches, rape and kale; fruit, particularly apples and pears; and hay for animal feed.
How much does the UK rely on China?
China: The UK imported 13.4% of all goods from China in Quarter 2 2020. The UK imported more goods from China (£11.0 billion) than from any other trading partner in Quarter 2 2020. This was the first quarter that China accounted for the largest proportion of UK imports of goods.
Who is France’s biggest trading partner?
France’s main trade partners are the European Union (Germany being the 1st customer and supplier), the United States and China.
Do the UK sell arms?
The UK has exported £11bn worth of arms in 2019 according to the Department for International Trade (DIT)’s data. The sale was made despite June 2019 UK court ruling halting arms sales to Saudi Arabia due to its use in Yemen war contributing to the ongoing humanitarian crisis.
Where does the UK make money?
The sectors that contribute most to the U.K.’s GDP are services, manufacturing, construction, and tourism.
Is England a country?
Just like Wales and Scotland, England is commonly referred to as a country but it is not a sovereign state. It is the largest country within the United Kingdom both by landmass and population, has taken a pivitol role in the creation of the UK, and its capital London also happens to be the capital of the UK.