- 1 What is the use of blackbox exporter?
- 2 How do I install Blackbox exporter?
- 3 How do I monitor my website with Prometheus?
- 4 How do I add a target to Prometheus?
- 5 What is Thanos Prometheus?
- 6 How do I debug Blackbox exporter?
- 7 What is Prometheus Alertmanager?
- 8 What is Prometheus Pushgateway?
- 9 How do you connect Prometheus to Grafana?
- 10 What is white box monitoring?
- 11 What is Telegraf?
- 12 How do I know if Prometheus is installed?
- 13 What is a Prometheus target?
- 14 How do I start Prometheus service?
What is the use of blackbox exporter?
The Blackbox exporter is a tool that allows engineers to monitor HTTP, DNS, TCP and ICMP endpoints. Results can be visualized in modern dashboard tools such as Grafana.
How do I install Blackbox exporter?
To install a blackbox exporter dashboard: https://grafana.com/dashboards/7587, create a new dashboard, select import, provide the ID: 7587, select the prometheus datasource and select save.
How do I monitor my website with Prometheus?
Execute the following command to start Grafana and Prometheus cd Website-Monitoring docker-compose up -d
- Grafana docker container started on port 3000.
- Prometheus docker container started on port 9090.
How do I add a target to Prometheus?
Install [ prometheus-node-exporter ] package that includes function to get general resource on the System like CPU or Memory usage on the Node you’d like to add. Add setting on Prometheus Server Config. Access to the Prometheus Web UI and click [Status] – [Targets] to verify new nodes are listed.
What is Thanos Prometheus?
Thanos, simply put, is a “highly available Prometheus setup with long-term storage capabilities”. Thanos allows you to aggregate data from multiple Prometheus instances and query them, all from a single endpoint. Thanos also automatically deals with duplicate metrics that may arise from multiple Prometheus instances.
How do I debug Blackbox exporter?
The third and final place you can access the debug logs is in the logs of the Blackbox exporter. You can enable this by passing –log. level= debug as a command line flag to the Blackbox exporter. This is useful if you have a high volume of probes and an intermittent probe failure.
What is Prometheus Alertmanager?
Alertmanager is a Prometheus component that enables you to configure and manage alerts sent by the Prometheus server and to route them to notification, paging, and automation systems. Learn more about Prometheus and monitoring best practices in our article about DevOps monitoring.
What is Prometheus Pushgateway?
The Prometheus Pushgateway allows you to push time series from short-lived service-level batch jobs to an intermediary job which Prometheus can scrape. Combined with Prometheus’s simple text-based exposition format, this makes it easy to instrument even shell scripts without a client library.
How do you connect Prometheus to Grafana?
- Click on the Grafana logo to open the sidebar.
- Click on “Data Sources” in the sidebar.
- Choose “Add New”.
- Select “Prometheus” as the data source.
- Click “Add” to test the connection and to save the new data source.
What is white box monitoring?
White box monitoring is the monitoring of applications running on a server. This could be anything from the number of HTTP requests your web server is getting to the response codes generated by your application. Other types of white box monitoring include: Monitoring MySQL queries running on a database server.
What is Telegraf?
Telegraf is a plugin-driven server agent for collecting and sending metrics and events from databases, systems, and IoT sensors. Telegraf is written in Go and compiles into a single binary with no external dependencies, and requires a very minimal memory footprint.
How do I know if Prometheus is installed?
check -node_exporter. To verify the Prometheus server installation, open your browser and navigate to http://localhost:9090. You should see the Prometheus interface. Click on Status and then Targets. Under State, you should see your machines listed as UP.
What is a Prometheus target?
Prometheus is a monitoring platform that collects metrics from monitored targets by scraping metrics HTTP endpoints on these targets. Our first exporter will be Prometheus itself, which provides a wide variety of host-level metrics about memory usage, garbage collection, and more.
How do I start Prometheus service?
Prometheus Exporter Setup
- Step 1: Download The Binary File And Start Node Exporter:
- Step 2: Let’s Run Node Exporter As Service:
- Step3: You Are Set With Node Exporter.
- Step 4: Here’s The Command To Execute Prometheus:
- Step 5: Run This Code.
- Step 6: Visiting Localhost:9090 Again.